The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Sunday, September 23

A Dream Come True

The past two nights have given me blogging fodder from Jack, who never ceases to amaze me with his bedtime chattiness. Really, all of the thought-provoking nighttime discussions we have are just a ploy by him to get me (The Sucker- just ask him!) to allow him to stay up longer. Over the last few nights, I've learned:

1. Jack is still horribly afraid of gorillas. Ever since the Disney Playhouse show we attended in which Stanley meets a friendly tooth-brushing gorilla, Jack just doesn't like those primates. Well, in a timely episode of SpongeBob Squarepants, watched by the boys while I was having dinner with a friend last night, a gorilla comes and beats the tar out of Sandy and Patrick. Upon asking Kyle why he didn't change the channel, he responded "It really wasn't that scary." Jack's story? "Mommy, I don't want to watch SpongeBob. There's a gorilla on there. I don't like it. I want to watch Voltron. Don't turn off Voltron." Not too scary, indeed.

2. Jack isn't a big fan of astronauts. Probably has to do with a SpongeBob episode I haven't seen. We're still exploring this as he gives no rational explanation as to his fear of our space explorers. He just wants us to be reassured that he has no intention of flying a space shuttle anywhere, especially if one of those pesky astronauts has to come along.

3. (And this is the best.) We were rocking in his room two nights ago and Jack was going on and on about the Voltron figures he had received in the mail, courtesy of an Ebay seller with a nice collection of 20+ year old toys. He selected the little Voltron member, Pidge to be his bedtime companion that night. Pidge fits solidly in my palm, being the shortest member of the Voltron Force, and is clad in a white uniform with green accents. He has Harry-Potteresque glasses and medium brown hair. Jack was hugging Pidge close to him that night, praising the mailman for bringing the wonderful bounty and finally said to me "Mommy, I have Voltron. It's a dream come true." Best. Purchase. Ever. A dream come true. I just hope I can keep making those dreams come true for a long time to come.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home