The Glory of Pasta
It's no secret that Jack likes to eat. Whether in liquid form in his beloved bottle, or on a rubber-tipped spoon, he is generally enthusiastic about food. He has a long list of foods he likes and loves (you have probably seen it). Well, tonight we found the most glorious food ever... according to Jack, at least.
Tonight I made vermicelli with a tomato and mushroom sauce. It had garlic, onions, and peppers along with the chunky tomato base and mushrooms. Since none of these things are common allergens I figured we were safe. So, I cut the pasta up into 1/2 inch long bites and coated it with a thin layer of sauce.
If only we had the video camera.
Never have I heard so much mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmming in my life. We have inadvertently taught him to say mmmmm while eating because that's the noise we make when we are trying to convince him that jarred fruit is good. So, he has taken this noise to heart and used it when excited about his meal.
But never this much.
The mmmmmms kept rolling and I actually got a little fervent, frantic "feed-me-now-or-I-will-surely-die" attitude thrown in my direction. I couldn't spoon it up fast enough (mostly because a rubber tipped spoon and small bits of vermicelli don't play well together). He LOVED it like he loves Garden Vegetables. Except he loves pasta more. I guess it's official, he is my son.

Tonight I made vermicelli with a tomato and mushroom sauce. It had garlic, onions, and peppers along with the chunky tomato base and mushrooms. Since none of these things are common allergens I figured we were safe. So, I cut the pasta up into 1/2 inch long bites and coated it with a thin layer of sauce.
If only we had the video camera.
Never have I heard so much mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmming in my life. We have inadvertently taught him to say mmmmm while eating because that's the noise we make when we are trying to convince him that jarred fruit is good. So, he has taken this noise to heart and used it when excited about his meal.
But never this much.
The mmmmmms kept rolling and I actually got a little fervent, frantic "feed-me-now-or-I-will-surely-die" attitude thrown in my direction. I couldn't spoon it up fast enough (mostly because a rubber tipped spoon and small bits of vermicelli don't play well together). He LOVED it like he loves Garden Vegetables. Except he loves pasta more. I guess it's official, he is my son.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home