The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Friday, August 5

Jack's Vacation

Well, during the week of August 1st, I had a meeting at HQ in Washington, DC. Since I would be gone all week, and it takes about 2 hours to drive there each way, I planned on staying at a nearby hotel for the week. Well, Kyle decided that parenting alone for a week was NOT for him. Alas, off to sunny Florida they boys went!

Jack took his first plane ride on United Airlines Monday, August 1st. Unfortunately, the plane they were supposed to take was broken, so they got to spend a few extra hours at Dulles before they left. Oh joy!

Once they boarded, Jack was a little antsy. Kyle said that he was fidgeting and fussing for about 30 minutes, and then he passed out on Kyle and slept the rest of the way there.

A picture of the plane trip down:



They spent the week at Kyle's mom's house in Palmetto. They went over to Keith's house and swam in the pool every day. Kyle has decided that we MUST get a pool because it is Jack's favorite thing on the planet.

Pool picture:



They also went out with family, had a few parties, and generally hung out together. Jack is a crawling machine these days, and spent his hours sliding around on the tile floor and getting bombarded by the dogs (which he didn't care too much for). Evidently he adores Charlie and would fly across the room to get to him.

Some family pics:









On the way home, the plane arrived late... again. I'm really starting to rethink United Airlines at this point. They didn't get to the house until 8:00, and I was sitting on the porch dying with anticipation! Jack looked at me like I was the best thing on the planet (well, obviously I am) and I was thrilled. He came inside and showed off his new crawling and pulling up on things skills:






I'm so glad to be home and have my boys back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home