The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Wednesday, June 20

When I'm A Big Boy

Jack is only 2 and a half now and can't see very far into the future. Thus far, everything that we tell him he needs to wait for hinges upon him being "older" or "bigger." And each time, he concurs and says that this day will come when he is three. He says things like "I be big boy when I three" or "I can have it when I three." (He's already picked out a Nemo cake that he wants for his third birthday and I would bet a lot of money that he won't forget about it between now and then.)

This afternoon Jack asked me to do something (and I have to admit that I can't even recall what it was) and I told him that he had to be a grown up to do whatever it was. Again, he told me that he would be grown up when he was 3. This time, I had to burst his bubble and tell him that he needed to be 18 instead. I asked, "Can you count to 18?" He responded quickly and simply that "Yes" he could. He then proceeded to count for me to prove it.

"One... Two... Three... Eighteen! I be a grown up!"

Nice try, kiddo.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home