The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Wednesday, April 18

Big Boy Undies Day 3: Success

In addition to a successful third day of diaper-free existence, which I learned today even includes nap time, Jack has given me something to blog about. As I've said many times before Jack is, um, how do I put this? BOSSY. Tonight, we did the following at his behest:

1. We met Clay & Heather for dinner at Cracker Barrel in spite of the fact that more than one of us would have preferred Los Toltecos.
2. We gave him a "special treat" for peeing on the potty, even though I had no intention of doing so. (It was a candy corn.)
3. Kyle got suckered into giving him a snack of chocolate chips (this is a carry-over from the banana-walnut-chocolate chip bread I made this weekend) and peanuts. A snack that Jack insisted be prepared in the specified order- chocolate chips in the bowl first and THEN he could add peanuts.
4. When I took him upstairs he declared that he didn't want to brush his teeth tonight, but would do so in the morning (he lost).
5. He insisted on reading a Dora book, and then "two more books" even though it was past bedtime (he won and read 2 out of the 3 books he had demanded before I said it was time for bed).

On a less bossy note, one of the books that we were reading is an old picture book that he's long since outgrown. Two pages were filled with animals which he happily pointed to and, in a sing-song-y voice, told us what they all were. He got one wrong, calling a camel a squirrel (though I will admit, it was a very fuzzy camel!) but was great at naming them off otherwise. There was also a page of animals and their babies, including a cow and her calf. I showed Jack her udders and told him that those were her nipples and that her baby cow drank milk from her udders. He pointed and said "that's her bottom." I reiterated that they were udders and have milk and he said "they have cream!" (He meant cream like he gets on his bottom for a diaper rash, however.) Then, after I had discussed the milk angle one more time, he pointed to the calf and said, "He has cup. With two hands. He drink milk in his cup" and then proceeded to demonstrate to me how to drink out of a cup with two hands. It was very cute indeed.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, the bossing! Equal parts hilarious and annoying.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger K said…

    lol. How are things? Haven't heard from you in a while!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home