Happy Easter!
Yesterday we colored eggs with two different kits we had (one that's a few years old, one new) and made them into a fire truck, school bus, police car, and random Precious Moments murals. This morning Kyle and I ate one each and had a little contest to see whose egg-peeling technique was best. I'm pretty sure I won, but Kyle won't admit it.
The Easter Bunny brought Jack a basket filled with the faux grass (which he has dubbed "ribbons"), various candy (he tried and instantly vetoed a chocolate covered marshmallow egg, but is delighted with the Crabby Patties from SpongeBob Squarepants), and toys. He got a new Dora DVD (Celebrate Spring!), a plastic egg filled with Dora and Diego figurines, a Dora Easter book, and springtime cookie cutters so Jack and I can make some bunny, tulip, egg, and butterfly shaped cookies later.
Mostly, he's pleased with the candy and we're already threatening to put the basket on top of the refrigerator because he keeps pestering us for more of it. I just heard him say to Kyle (about jelly beans), "I need two," to which Kyle responded, "No you don't." Now Jack is singing a song with the lyrics, "I need two, five, five-five-five." (Note to grandparents: Jack now has more than two jelly beans in his hand. He totally kicked Kyle's butt on this one.)
Jack also barreled through a Lindt white chocolate truffle egg, completely dismissed the Peeps (that's my boy!), and is now twisting the plastic egg his Dora & Diego toys came in, making a sound so loud and high pitched that I think there are dogs (and aliens) gathering outside of our front door. Oh, and my eardrums just exploded.
Later we're going to brunch at a new cafe that opened near our house. They are having a pastry and fruit buffet and boast main courses like "Grand Marnier French Toast" and "Salmon Benedict with Hollandaise" and "Greek Omelet with fresh spinach, feta, and tomatoes." Surely, Jack will be partaking in pastries and fruit. We'll see about the rest!
Here are pictures of the festivities:




The Easter Bunny brought Jack a basket filled with the faux grass (which he has dubbed "ribbons"), various candy (he tried and instantly vetoed a chocolate covered marshmallow egg, but is delighted with the Crabby Patties from SpongeBob Squarepants), and toys. He got a new Dora DVD (Celebrate Spring!), a plastic egg filled with Dora and Diego figurines, a Dora Easter book, and springtime cookie cutters so Jack and I can make some bunny, tulip, egg, and butterfly shaped cookies later.
Mostly, he's pleased with the candy and we're already threatening to put the basket on top of the refrigerator because he keeps pestering us for more of it. I just heard him say to Kyle (about jelly beans), "I need two," to which Kyle responded, "No you don't." Now Jack is singing a song with the lyrics, "I need two, five, five-five-five." (Note to grandparents: Jack now has more than two jelly beans in his hand. He totally kicked Kyle's butt on this one.)
Jack also barreled through a Lindt white chocolate truffle egg, completely dismissed the Peeps (that's my boy!), and is now twisting the plastic egg his Dora & Diego toys came in, making a sound so loud and high pitched that I think there are dogs (and aliens) gathering outside of our front door. Oh, and my eardrums just exploded.
Later we're going to brunch at a new cafe that opened near our house. They are having a pastry and fruit buffet and boast main courses like "Grand Marnier French Toast" and "Salmon Benedict with Hollandaise" and "Greek Omelet with fresh spinach, feta, and tomatoes." Surely, Jack will be partaking in pastries and fruit. We'll see about the rest!
Here are pictures of the festivities:

3 Comments:
At 8:11 AM,
karrie said…
Very cute! Did you cut his hair?
Our eggs turned weird pinkish-brown because Max had to keep dipping them in different colors.
Brunch sounds like a great idea. Mmmm...hollandaise....mmmmmm.
Happy Easter!
At 5:55 PM,
Anonymous said…
I love the cars! Was that the older kit?
Jamie's boycotting food at the moment and holding out for chocolate. He's just an absolute joy to be around. @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
At 5:36 PM,
Anonymous said…
What was in the cat's basket?
Nyquil!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home