The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Friday, April 6

Clean Out Your Ears!

I'm not sure if it's just Jack (I suspect it's not), but it seems to me that toddlers have a propensity for completely mishearing what it is that you are asking them to do. Tonight we were at the mall and we were walking towards the exit so we handed Jack his coat. We told him not to drag his coat a few times (advice he heeded for approximately 10 seconds at a time before returning the coat to its rightful place, dragging along the floor). I then said "Jack, please put the coat on your body." He shrugged, kept walking, and then reached around and stuck the coat right square on his butt. I covered my mouth to keep from laughing and my eyes were wide, looking at Kyle to see if he noticed that Jack was being cheeky with me. Kyle then pointed out, correctly, that Jack wasn't been defiant at all by doing this- he had simply misunderstood.

Kyle said, "Jack, put the coat on your body, not your booty. Sure enough, Jack moved the coat away from his buttocks and attempted to put it on his upper body (something he can't do on his own unless we lay the jacket on the ground for him, which we promise the grandparents we'll catch on video some day). Oops. I need to annunciate better or start really using those Q-Tips that I've been threatening him with lately when his ears aren't clean enough for me. I can't wait to find out what he mishears next!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home