The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Sunday, March 18

The L Says UhLLLLL

Jack is, as best I can tell, unable to say the letter "L" yet- at least not when combining it with other letters into actual words. Well, last week we were at a local restaurant called The Cork Street Tavern, celebrating the fabulous weather by eating outside on their patio. Jack had a great time bouncing around in his chair and standing on my lap pretending to be a statue. "Shhh. Statues don't talk, Mommy." It was hilarious to watch him there with his arms spread out pretending to be a stoic statue that would not even utter a giggle when I tried to tickle him. The statue later commanded me to clap (because I'm happy and I know it), which is when I realized that he can't say "L."

J: "Crap, Mommy, crap!"
Me (giggling): "It's CLAP, Jack."
J: "Crap, crap, crAP, Mommy!"
Me (laughing): "It's CL-L-L-LAP!"
J (now amused at my laughing): "CRAP, Mommy, CRAP!"
Me (breathless from laughing): "OK, I'll crap with you. If you're happy and you know it..."

Also on the L front, Flip Flops are a challenge for him. Jack was very excited tonight when I redeemed my Gymbucks and among the loot were a new pair of flip flops. He paraded around the living room telling us about how fabulous is Frip Fops are and how they feel funny in his toes and how "No, that's my right foot, not my reft foot" and other such things.

Tonight when I was putting him to bed he randomly told me to crap with a little twinkle in his eyes. He even held my hands together as if he was going to clap them for me, but he was content that they just be still while he waited for my burst of laughter at his mispronunciation. He's pretty astute, as after a few times of telling me to "crap, Mommy" I was shaking with laughter and trying to cover my mouth so he didn't know that I find a two year old saying "crap" to be one of the funnier things and so I don't encourage him to continue misplacing his L's. Didn't work that well and he got a good giggle as well.

For the other parents who own "The Letter Factory," I bid you goodnight with "The L says Uhlll Uhll, Uhll Uhllllll."

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger K said…

    We have the opposite allfiction. Rs become Ls.

    So stuff around our house gets bloken often.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home