The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Saturday, May 19

And All You Get Is This Lousy Post

Sorry that we haven't been blogging lately. The weather has been great and we've been enjoying being out and about. All of that time, and I still haven't uploaded photos from our recent Disney trip, nor do I have much to say. I'll leave you with two stories:

First, let it be known that Jack refers to his privates as his "peanut" which is an obvious misunderstanding of what we told him it was. One night, I was putting Jack to bed and part of the ritual is to sit at the edge of his bed and rub his back and his head before we leave (something Daddy has perfected, but I'm still working). So, I went through the moves and said "Goodnight, Jack" and got up to leave. He said, "Wait, Mommy. Don't weave. Rub my neck and my head." So, I stayed and complied with his wishes. He then said "Rub my booty." I raised an eyebrow, shrugged, and patted his bottom. He then said "Rub my peanut." My reply: "Goodnight, Jack."

Is that sort of thing supposed to start this young? Rub my peanut? I think he was just thinking of excuses to get me to stay, but the little dude had better ask for a foot rub next time!

The second story is about the bodily functions in our house. Let's just say it- we burp and we're proud. Not like it's anything special that you can't do, but it's just action the whole family can get in on. Well, Jack and I started a game by which we take credit for burping (which Jack also mispronounces and I prefer his way) no matter who did it. The other night, Kyle burped and the rest went like this:

J: "I gurped!"
Me: "No, I gurped!"
J: "No, I gurped!"
Me: "No, I gurped!"
J: "No, IIIIII gurped!"
Kyle: "No, you didn't burp, I did."
J: "No, I gurped!"
Kyle: "No you didn't, Jack."
Me: (looking at Kyle as if he just doesn't get it) "It's a game we play."
Jack: "I gurped!"
Kyle" "You guys are weird."

We could go on like this for some time. So, if you ever let something slip at my house, don't worry. Jack will totally take credit for it.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's like you live at our house! I put the permanent kibbosh on rubbing Jamie's back/chest after he'd been trying to get me to rub "down there" for a couple of weeks. Finaly I said, "Jamie, I am NOT rubbing your penis. Forget it!" Mad giggles.

    Yeah, it starts this early. And we have those kind of jokes too, and MD thinks we're nuts.

    My favorite burp story these days is when we drive over those grooves they put on ramps and things to slow you down? Jamie says the car is burping.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home