Way Better Than Your iPod
Usually when I put Jack to bed, I sing a variety of songs that he likes and it helps him relax. Tonight while I was putting him to bed, he asked for several songs- some ambiguous requests for things I know and other requests for songs that he was making up on the spot. His longest and most original song was a seemingly tuneless one which only had the words "The fire truck is coming" chanted over and over. After he sang it he said "sing that song" so I repeated the catchy lyrics to his satisfaction. Other songs he requested for in strange ways and I tried my best to decide what he was asking for in his little high-pitched sing-songy sort of way.
"Sing the 'Mommy's gonna, Daddy's gonna'" was interpreted to mean "Hush, Little Baby" which (ding! ding! ding!) was correct. (Easy, since "Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird.")
The second request was also nailed after he asked for "Sing 'Daddeee, Mommeee, Daddeee here'" prompted me to sing "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon.
Jack vetoed "Ants Go Marching" as I incorrectly interpreted a request for "another song." (Really, that's all I had to go on.)
Lastly, Jack asked for "The People Song" which I presume was yet another of his made-up diddies, but I opted for "People Are Strange" by The Doors, instead. He seemed to like it, as he fell silent and rested on my chest while I sang. Probably because he knows that women are wicked and he didn't want to veto another song from my catalogue.
"Sing the 'Mommy's gonna, Daddy's gonna'" was interpreted to mean "Hush, Little Baby" which (ding! ding! ding!) was correct. (Easy, since "Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird.")
The second request was also nailed after he asked for "Sing 'Daddeee, Mommeee, Daddeee here'" prompted me to sing "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon.
Jack vetoed "Ants Go Marching" as I incorrectly interpreted a request for "another song." (Really, that's all I had to go on.)
Lastly, Jack asked for "The People Song" which I presume was yet another of his made-up diddies, but I opted for "People Are Strange" by The Doors, instead. He seemed to like it, as he fell silent and rested on my chest while I sang. Probably because he knows that women are wicked and he didn't want to veto another song from my catalogue.
Labels: Bedtime

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home