The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Friday, February 9

No, I'm Not a Boy

Last night we were all in the family room and I said to Jack "I love you." His response made me laugh and (almost) cry at the same time. He said "You no love me. You not boy."

I'm not a boy, so I can't love you?

Apparently not. So, I went on to say it again and asked "Do you love me?" Jack responded that no, indeed, he does not love me because (as he said before) "You not boy."

Does he love Daddy?

Why yes he does! Because... "Daddy boy."

While I'm thoroughly disappointed that I am out of the circle of trust because of my gender, it made me laugh and rejoice that he's figuring out who he is and learning about boys and girls and all of these fabulous things. I explained to him that girls are allowed to love boys and that I love Daddy (which he finally agreed was OK) but he wasn't buying it just yet. For now, I girl, Jack boy, and that's that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home