Lazy Day for Me
I am off work today so I decided to take Jack out for breakfast before going to school. Yeah, I do love the kid, but I couldn't resist taking him to daycare so I could have a free day. My free day has involved cleaning the house, organizing, and doing laundry, but it's been stress free.
While at breakfast, Jack was a really good boy. He told me he wanted "Sausage! Sausage!" for breakfast so I got him the turkey sausage and an egg. I asked if he wanted my grits and he said "Grapes!" I had to tell him "No, not grapes- grits." "Grapes!" You can see how this went. He finally realized what I was talking about and gladly ate my entire serving of grits, his sausage patty and one of mine, part of an egg, and a biscuit. I said to him "you're a good boy" and he replied, with spoon in hand "I good boy!"
He was also counting the pegs in the game on the table (the one that assures me I am an Ignoramus) and said "two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, sixteen, nineteen, twenty nine, two-six, two-six."
He also randomly burst into song, regaling the other diners with "It's a Small World", but only one line- "It's a small world after all" over and over. I just pretended he preferred to sing the chorus and leave all of the other lyrics to the rest of us.
While at breakfast, Jack was a really good boy. He told me he wanted "Sausage! Sausage!" for breakfast so I got him the turkey sausage and an egg. I asked if he wanted my grits and he said "Grapes!" I had to tell him "No, not grapes- grits." "Grapes!" You can see how this went. He finally realized what I was talking about and gladly ate my entire serving of grits, his sausage patty and one of mine, part of an egg, and a biscuit. I said to him "you're a good boy" and he replied, with spoon in hand "I good boy!"
He was also counting the pegs in the game on the table (the one that assures me I am an Ignoramus) and said "two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, sixteen, nineteen, twenty nine, two-six, two-six."
He also randomly burst into song, regaling the other diners with "It's a Small World", but only one line- "It's a small world after all" over and over. I just pretended he preferred to sing the chorus and leave all of the other lyrics to the rest of us.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home