Things I Never Dreamed...
Statements I never expected to make to my child:
"No, just eat your sugar packet with your fingers. Don't tip the plate up to lick it."
"Eat another bite of your dinner and you can have a sip of my soda."
"I want world peace!" (uttered in a whine in response to an "I want" diatribe from The Boy)
Things I never imagined he would like:
Voltron. I won an old Voltron toy on Ebay and Jack LOVES it. I also got the DVDs from the first season (back in '84!) and he asks to watch them periodically.
Caring for dolls. Even though he is so rough sometimes, he has an amazing capacity to sit and love on a baby doll. It's really very sweet.
Things I hadn't envisioned he would say:
"Turn around, Mommy, I want Cracker Barrel." (Said to me in the car when passing CB.)
"I want to open presents again." (said the morning after Christmas)
"I don't like it" (about nearly anything he finds distasteful)
"No, just eat your sugar packet with your fingers. Don't tip the plate up to lick it."
"Eat another bite of your dinner and you can have a sip of my soda."
"I want world peace!" (uttered in a whine in response to an "I want" diatribe from The Boy)
Things I never imagined he would like:
Voltron. I won an old Voltron toy on Ebay and Jack LOVES it. I also got the DVDs from the first season (back in '84!) and he asks to watch them periodically.
Caring for dolls. Even though he is so rough sometimes, he has an amazing capacity to sit and love on a baby doll. It's really very sweet.
Things I hadn't envisioned he would say:
"Turn around, Mommy, I want Cracker Barrel." (Said to me in the car when passing CB.)
"I want to open presents again." (said the morning after Christmas)
"I don't like it" (about nearly anything he finds distasteful)

1 Comments:
At 7:24 AM,
karrie said…
Bwahahaha! These are great.
Post a Comment
<< Home