One For the Memory Album
We've come to a milestone that all parents warn you about. Then they laugh, laugh, laugh when it happens to you. We need to watch our mouths. In this instance, it was Kyle and the word has stuck. That word is Ass. Oh, but it gets better. The word "Ass" is only associated with another boy at daycare- Max.
This afternoon Kyle and I were talking about our trip to pick Jack up from daycare- a trip where we noticed that Max is a bit pushy and, well, mean for our tastes. He gets in Jack's face the second he walks in the room, clings to us and tries to annoy Jack (though I give him a hug anyhow), and pushes Jack or knocks what he's doing out of his hands. So, Kyle said to me "Max is an ass." (Keep in mind, it was a fleeting comment as we realize that all toddlers are mildly insane and display some aggressive behaviors. It just struck us as particularly annoying today.)
The toddler ears perked up. "Max ass."
Me (laughing): "no, honey, don't say that."
Jack: "Max ass."
Me (grumbling) "Great."
So, I'm putting Jack to bed tonight and he is talking about his friends at school and said "Hug your friends" (which I imagine is a phrase they all get to hear a lot). Then Jack brought up Nathaniel, who is no doubt Jack's best little bud. I then made the mistake of asking Jack if Max was his friend.
"Max ass."
"Jack, it's not nice to say that. I don't want you to say 'ass' anymore. Max is not an ass. Is Max your friend?"
"Max NOT ass."
Is that progress? I'm not so sure. Can't wait to get the note home from daycare.
This afternoon Kyle and I were talking about our trip to pick Jack up from daycare- a trip where we noticed that Max is a bit pushy and, well, mean for our tastes. He gets in Jack's face the second he walks in the room, clings to us and tries to annoy Jack (though I give him a hug anyhow), and pushes Jack or knocks what he's doing out of his hands. So, Kyle said to me "Max is an ass." (Keep in mind, it was a fleeting comment as we realize that all toddlers are mildly insane and display some aggressive behaviors. It just struck us as particularly annoying today.)
The toddler ears perked up. "Max ass."
Me (laughing): "no, honey, don't say that."
Jack: "Max ass."
Me (grumbling) "Great."
So, I'm putting Jack to bed tonight and he is talking about his friends at school and said "Hug your friends" (which I imagine is a phrase they all get to hear a lot). Then Jack brought up Nathaniel, who is no doubt Jack's best little bud. I then made the mistake of asking Jack if Max was his friend.
"Max ass."
"Jack, it's not nice to say that. I don't want you to say 'ass' anymore. Max is not an ass. Is Max your friend?"
"Max NOT ass."
Is that progress? I'm not so sure. Can't wait to get the note home from daycare.
Labels: amusing, milestones, parental foibles, quotes

2 Comments:
At 1:40 PM,
karrie said…
heeheeheee!
My Max is butt obsessed. He thinks the word butt is hilarious, and likes to use his limited vocabulary in conjunction with the word butt--mama butt, buttbaul!, kitty cat butt, doggie butt, Look butt! and so on.
At 1:26 AM,
K said…
LOL... too funny. When my daughter was little we were at the grocery store and this poor lady with tourettes syndrome kept saying the f word and so when it was our turn to pay she smiled at the cashier and said proudly "F". Talk about embarrassing! Kids what are you gonna do lol.
Post a Comment
<< Home