Random Quotes From "The Sasser"
My mom has long loved the SNL skit that we refer to as "Get Off the Shed." Recently we told Jack to call her and just say, in a faux surly voice, "Get off the shed!" She laughed and laughed and laughed, so it has stuck with him.
Last night when Kyle was putting him to bed, Jack was talking about his wooden toy, Bertie the bus from the Thomas series, and said, "Bertie the bus- GET OFF THE SHED!" in his perfect little fake-made voice. Kyle came back with tears in his eyes to recount how hilarious it was hearing Jack scold Bertie like that.
He's never seen the video, so it didn't make sense to him when we told him today at the local (plant) nursery that he needed to get in the car or we were going to sell his kidneys in the Philippines. (Click the link above to see why, if you already haven't.)
Also last night, when I was asking Jack for the fifth time to take off his clothes so we could get his PJs on, he said "I KNOW, MOTHER! Heh. I called you Mother." And it was funny, so I laughed in spite of the fact that he was completely sassing me.
And he's only 3.
Last night when Kyle was putting him to bed, Jack was talking about his wooden toy, Bertie the bus from the Thomas series, and said, "Bertie the bus- GET OFF THE SHED!" in his perfect little fake-made voice. Kyle came back with tears in his eyes to recount how hilarious it was hearing Jack scold Bertie like that.
He's never seen the video, so it didn't make sense to him when we told him today at the local (plant) nursery that he needed to get in the car or we were going to sell his kidneys in the Philippines. (Click the link above to see why, if you already haven't.)
Also last night, when I was asking Jack for the fifth time to take off his clothes so we could get his PJs on, he said "I KNOW, MOTHER! Heh. I called you Mother." And it was funny, so I laughed in spite of the fact that he was completely sassing me.
And he's only 3.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home