Long Live King Jack!
When I was putting Jack to sleep tonight and rocking him in the rocking chair in his room, he said that he wanted to sing me a pretty song. They lyrics went like this:
"Mommy always love me and I love her,
I like her
She's very sweet
And I love her."
He then asked me to sing a pretty song. I chose "The Rose." (I don't know why, so don't ask- it's all I could come up with on short notice.)
After my song, I laid him in his bed and leaned down to kiss him and hug him and he got my hair in his mouth. He spit it out with great exuberance and said, "Ew! That's disgusting." He then raised his had at me dismissively and asked, "Can you send Daddy in?" Nice!
So, my little boy went from singing about how sweet I am to telling me that I'm disgusting and casting me from his room with a wave of his hand.
Our bedtime ritual always involves me taking Jack to his room, rocking him, and putting him in bed. When I leave, Kyle comes to rub hus head with what is apparently special Daddy magic.
Tonight Kyle came from Jack's room giggling and relayed this to me: When he finished rubbing Jack's head, he kissed Jack on the side of his head and Jack said, "Ooh. Your lips are cold. Do it again."
So, Kyle kissed him again and Jack said, "Oh, it's your nose! Do it again." After kissing Jack on command another three times Jack said, "It's time for you to go now."
Long live the king!
"Mommy always love me and I love her,
I like her
She's very sweet
And I love her."
He then asked me to sing a pretty song. I chose "The Rose." (I don't know why, so don't ask- it's all I could come up with on short notice.)
After my song, I laid him in his bed and leaned down to kiss him and hug him and he got my hair in his mouth. He spit it out with great exuberance and said, "Ew! That's disgusting." He then raised his had at me dismissively and asked, "Can you send Daddy in?" Nice!
So, my little boy went from singing about how sweet I am to telling me that I'm disgusting and casting me from his room with a wave of his hand.
Our bedtime ritual always involves me taking Jack to his room, rocking him, and putting him in bed. When I leave, Kyle comes to rub hus head with what is apparently special Daddy magic.
Tonight Kyle came from Jack's room giggling and relayed this to me: When he finished rubbing Jack's head, he kissed Jack on the side of his head and Jack said, "Ooh. Your lips are cold. Do it again."
So, Kyle kissed him again and Jack said, "Oh, it's your nose! Do it again." After kissing Jack on command another three times Jack said, "It's time for you to go now."
Long live the king!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home