Not Ready for Med School
Tonight for bedtime we had an Anatomy 101 lesson. We talked about broken bones and why Jack has to be careful when he's playing so he doesn't break any bones. I explained about casts and how they're hard and heavy and get stinky to emphasize my point.
Then Jack's stomach growled and he asked, "Does this mean I'm hungry?" I said, "Not, it probably means your stomach is digesting your food." Of course, not knowing what digestion is, he asked me to elaborate. We went over how your food goes in your mouth, down your throat, into your stomach, through your intestines (which I demonstrated by tracing back and forth across his belly like squiggly intestines) and then out of your bottom. His eyebrows raised and he asked, "Why does your food turn to poop?" I told him that whatever your body didn't need, like candy, it changed into poop. So, he suggested more healthy foods like vegetables and cereal that would be better for his body.
Without warning, he switched topics on me and said, "When you break your bones, you put intestines on your arm." Ouch. I'd hate to be there for that.
Then Jack's stomach growled and he asked, "Does this mean I'm hungry?" I said, "Not, it probably means your stomach is digesting your food." Of course, not knowing what digestion is, he asked me to elaborate. We went over how your food goes in your mouth, down your throat, into your stomach, through your intestines (which I demonstrated by tracing back and forth across his belly like squiggly intestines) and then out of your bottom. His eyebrows raised and he asked, "Why does your food turn to poop?" I told him that whatever your body didn't need, like candy, it changed into poop. So, he suggested more healthy foods like vegetables and cereal that would be better for his body.
Without warning, he switched topics on me and said, "When you break your bones, you put intestines on your arm." Ouch. I'd hate to be there for that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home