My Little Politico
Two conversations with Jack will tell you about the discussions we've been having in our house lately.
The first occurred on Tuesday, February 12th, the day that Virginians got to cast their votes in the Presidential primaries. Kyle and I were standing in line that morning waiting for the ladies to check our names off of the lists and Jack was clinging to the back of my coat, trying not to be noticed by the hoards of sweet older women who likely wanted to kiss him or pinch his cheeks. From behind my coat, his little face peeked out, looked up and quietly asked, "Mommy, where is Barack Obama?"
The ladies all roared and said "I guess we know who your parents are voting for!"
We, of course, nodded yes and laughed as well. When we told Jack that we were "going to vote for Barack Obama" he apparently thought that this meant Barack would actually be where we were going. (For the record, not only did VA choose Barack, but our county, AND the very precinct in which Kyle and I voted chose him. Hooray for VA!)
The second conversation was yesterday morning in the bathroom. Kyle and Jack were both in the bath while I was putting on makeup and getting ready. We were talking about taxes and how one of my coworkers thinks it is smart to vote for Republicans because they're more 'fiscally responsible' than Democrats. Kyle laughed and said "How has the Bush administration been working out for him?"
Jack immediately furrowed up his eyebrows, dropped the Mega Rig Shark Ship toy that he was playing with, and yelled at Kyle, "Don't talk about George Bush! He's a bad president!"
I guess he's been listening.
The first occurred on Tuesday, February 12th, the day that Virginians got to cast their votes in the Presidential primaries. Kyle and I were standing in line that morning waiting for the ladies to check our names off of the lists and Jack was clinging to the back of my coat, trying not to be noticed by the hoards of sweet older women who likely wanted to kiss him or pinch his cheeks. From behind my coat, his little face peeked out, looked up and quietly asked, "Mommy, where is Barack Obama?"
The ladies all roared and said "I guess we know who your parents are voting for!"
We, of course, nodded yes and laughed as well. When we told Jack that we were "going to vote for Barack Obama" he apparently thought that this meant Barack would actually be where we were going. (For the record, not only did VA choose Barack, but our county, AND the very precinct in which Kyle and I voted chose him. Hooray for VA!)
The second conversation was yesterday morning in the bathroom. Kyle and Jack were both in the bath while I was putting on makeup and getting ready. We were talking about taxes and how one of my coworkers thinks it is smart to vote for Republicans because they're more 'fiscally responsible' than Democrats. Kyle laughed and said "How has the Bush administration been working out for him?"
Jack immediately furrowed up his eyebrows, dropped the Mega Rig Shark Ship toy that he was playing with, and yelled at Kyle, "Don't talk about George Bush! He's a bad president!"
I guess he's been listening.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home