The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Sunday, May 11

Happy Mothers Day to Meeee

This morning was a great Mother's Day morning. Even though there was some crying and even though there was a bit of stubbornness out of the shortest person in the house, it was a banner morning.

Kyle promised to let me sleep in today, so when Jack padded into our room and climbed in bed at 6:40, Kyle was intent to take him downstairs. Only issue? Jack didn't want to. He kept asking, "Are you going downstairs, Mommy?" and I kept responding that I wanted to sleep for a little while so he was content to stay in bed with me. He just said, "OK, I want to stay because I'm sleepy too," and snuggled up next to me. Kyle even went downstairs, thinking it would coax Jack down, but it didn't work. Finally, Jack's belly won out and he went down for cereal. Since I was awake, I got to spend time on my laptop on a debate board I frequent, arguing whether John McCain does or does not know Shiite from Shinola. (I am in the "does not" camp.)

When I came downstairs I was happy to find that Kyle had cleaned the kitchen and the boys made me a homemade card. Jack wrote "OMM" on the card, which is close enough to "MOM" to elicit some cheering from me. Then we got ready and went out for Mother's Day brunch. We brought one of Jack's new and favorite books, Don't Bump the Glump, with us just in case.

Well... he was awesome. We did spend some time reading to him, but mostly he just hung out, ate breakfast, and went to talk to a little girl named Annika who was sitting near us. He ordered French toast which was really tasty and came with fruit and bacon. He also had a scone, some angel food cake, some strawberries and blueberries from the pastry bar and had hot tea. The servers were surprised that a three year old would order hot tea when juice was available, but that's what he chose so we let him have it.

(If you care, I had the curried cauliflower soup, mixed greens salad with bleu cheese and roasted peanuts, and petite filet with roasted potatoes and haricot verts. I sipped on two mimosas while we ate. Kyle had the Virginia ham and corn chowder, same salad, and the petite lobster tails with risotto and haricot verts and mimosas. We also split a chocolate cup filled with raspberry mousse and fresh fruit that was to die for. Plus, they had no bake cookies that made me want to just take the tray and dump it in my purse and run out.)

Once we were done, Jack waited patiently while we sipped some coffee and paid the bill. We walked on the walking mall to our car, but didn't linger because it was breezy and cool. Once in the car seat, he fell asleep almost instantly, but woke up when we got home and Kyle is now trying (without success) to get him to take a nap.

Pictures of the adorable boy all duded up for Mother's Day will follow soon.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Ally said…

    Sounds wonderful! We had a great day as well. I like this getting older thing the kids are doing. Jamie knew it was a special day for "mommy" and behaved accordingly. Who knew??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home