More Musings of a Two Year Old
Jack never ceases to amaze us with the things that are rolling around in his head. Good things, bad things, weird things- he's just full of all sorts of thoughts and words and expressions. A few examples of late:
Jack and I were going to bed the other night, and he was chattering as usual. He started talking about the "red truck" and pointing out his window (the glider is next to the window) and saying "red truck." I figured this was a red truck of his imagination and obliged with murmurs of "yeah, red truck, sure thing." Then he said "Clay take it."
He was right.
Clay dropped his Trooper off about 5 months ago so Kyle could do work on it. Since Kyle is a little pokey, the Trooper was there for about a month. However, Clay took the truck several months ago. Jack was remembering something that happened over the summer- "Clay take it." He sure did, buddy!
That same night, he was horsing around on my lap and I told him "no more." He promptly mocked me, taking a tone and repeating "no more" while wagging his finger in my face. He then cupped my cheeks in his hands and put his face really close to mine and whispered, almost so I couldn't hear it, "look at me." I burst out laughing, surely spitting on the poor kid as I lost control of my face. He repeated it in a barely audible tone, "look at me." One last time, through my laughter, he said, "look at me." I imagine that we must tell him to look at us when we are scolding him. I also bet daycare does the same thing. But, him holding my cheeks and whispering "look at me" had tears running down my face and my belly shaking like a bowl full of jelly.
Lastly, we broke the news to him that Clay and Heather are expecting a baby. Her burgeoning belly is certainly a giveaway to any adult, but Jack seemed completely unaware of her transformation. We told Jack that Heather had a baby in her belly while all of us were eating at Red Lobster the other night. His eyes got wide and his mouth was agape with surprise. He then turned his head and stared intently at her belly, mouth still wide. We told Jack that the baby's name is Matthew and he proceeded to tell us all, while pointing at Heather's baby "Matthew in there." Then he asked what I only imagine he'll be asking girls for years to come:
"Shirt up?"
Not only did he want Heather to pull her shirt up so he could see Matthew, but when she didn't do it, he followed the second request for "shirt up" with hand gestures to show her how to lift her shirt up. We were all laughing hysterically at his repeated attempts to see the baby. And I imagine it won't be the last time a girl refuses that request from him. Jack then started lifting the collar of his own shirt out, peering down at his abdomen, and looked back up at us and said simply, "nope." No baby in Jack's shirt apparently. I'm glad he checked just in case.
Jack and I were going to bed the other night, and he was chattering as usual. He started talking about the "red truck" and pointing out his window (the glider is next to the window) and saying "red truck." I figured this was a red truck of his imagination and obliged with murmurs of "yeah, red truck, sure thing." Then he said "Clay take it."
He was right.
Clay dropped his Trooper off about 5 months ago so Kyle could do work on it. Since Kyle is a little pokey, the Trooper was there for about a month. However, Clay took the truck several months ago. Jack was remembering something that happened over the summer- "Clay take it." He sure did, buddy!
That same night, he was horsing around on my lap and I told him "no more." He promptly mocked me, taking a tone and repeating "no more" while wagging his finger in my face. He then cupped my cheeks in his hands and put his face really close to mine and whispered, almost so I couldn't hear it, "look at me." I burst out laughing, surely spitting on the poor kid as I lost control of my face. He repeated it in a barely audible tone, "look at me." One last time, through my laughter, he said, "look at me." I imagine that we must tell him to look at us when we are scolding him. I also bet daycare does the same thing. But, him holding my cheeks and whispering "look at me" had tears running down my face and my belly shaking like a bowl full of jelly.
Lastly, we broke the news to him that Clay and Heather are expecting a baby. Her burgeoning belly is certainly a giveaway to any adult, but Jack seemed completely unaware of her transformation. We told Jack that Heather had a baby in her belly while all of us were eating at Red Lobster the other night. His eyes got wide and his mouth was agape with surprise. He then turned his head and stared intently at her belly, mouth still wide. We told Jack that the baby's name is Matthew and he proceeded to tell us all, while pointing at Heather's baby "Matthew in there." Then he asked what I only imagine he'll be asking girls for years to come:
"Shirt up?"
Not only did he want Heather to pull her shirt up so he could see Matthew, but when she didn't do it, he followed the second request for "shirt up" with hand gestures to show her how to lift her shirt up. We were all laughing hysterically at his repeated attempts to see the baby. And I imagine it won't be the last time a girl refuses that request from him. Jack then started lifting the collar of his own shirt out, peering down at his abdomen, and looked back up at us and said simply, "nope." No baby in Jack's shirt apparently. I'm glad he checked just in case.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home