The Chatterbox
Jack started in his new 2 year old classroom at daycare today. When I came to the playground he was happy to see me, but I was nervous about how he did. His teacher, Jenn, told me very exuberantly that he had an "excellent first day" and that he "knows so many good words and talks all the time!" (My parents should be extra-amused to read this, as my progress reports from school often mentioned my propensity for conversation with my peers.) She told me that he didn't cry when Kyle dropped him off this morning and he was just pleasant all day. I mentioned that he is getting teeth and she said that they couldn't tell (Kyle had also warned them this morning).
I picked up his paperwork and his daily card also mentioned what a great first day he had, and that he LOVED talking about what he eats for Thanksgiving. Jacks' response? Popcorn. Apparently he eats popcorn for Thanksgiving. A food substance we don't even own! Once we got in the car I asked him what he eats for Thanksgiving, and he responded "popcorn" right on cue.
The teachers seem to be really upbeat, energetic, and excited to see Jack, and we're really happy that he's getting to move up, learn some new skills, and meet new friends. And, at least he's being a good boy during his honeymoon phase, in spite of the impending, dreaded two year molars.
I picked up his paperwork and his daily card also mentioned what a great first day he had, and that he LOVED talking about what he eats for Thanksgiving. Jacks' response? Popcorn. Apparently he eats popcorn for Thanksgiving. A food substance we don't even own! Once we got in the car I asked him what he eats for Thanksgiving, and he responded "popcorn" right on cue.
The teachers seem to be really upbeat, energetic, and excited to see Jack, and we're really happy that he's getting to move up, learn some new skills, and meet new friends. And, at least he's being a good boy during his honeymoon phase, in spite of the impending, dreaded two year molars.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home