The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Friday, May 12

I'm not sure that I'm ready

Don't worry, Jack isn't moving out yet or anything. It's just that, well, he's kind of getting the hang of this poop thing. Last night we were all in the living room and he starts acting weird and then grabbed the front of his diaper. After a few grabs I said to Kyle "I wonder if he has to pee?" We weren't sure, but thought he may just be acting strangely. Then he stopped doing that and looked at me and made a grunting noise. Not the actual grunting that usually accompanies this event, but a fake grunt, like I use when I have asked him before if he wants to use the potty.

That should have been my clue.

However, Kyle said his potty chair is too small (true) and that no, he wasn't telling us that he had to poop.

He was.

Less than a minute later his little face gets red, and you know the rest.

I've been over this a few times and I just don't think I'm ready. It's too much committment! The stripping and waiting and wiping and chasing (I'm sure that, like most babies, he'll try to run around naked once he's free) is a lot of work! To boot, there aren't any toilets in his Tweener room at daycare- toilets aren't introduced until the next room he moves into and there are 3 kids that get to move before him.

While I am a committment-phobe about potty-training, I promise to rush him to the potty the next time he fake grunts and tell the grandparents aaaallll about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home