Signs That We Are Watching Too Much TV
As an adult, I tend to see infomercials as the best comedy on television. Selling wares by showing average people as incompetent buffoons dropping their omelets on the floor and completely incapable of finding their wallet in their purse is good stuff. (Though, if you haven't tried the Green Bags which proclaim to keep your produce fresher longer, you must. They're awesome. My co-worker also says the Sham-Wow is also an essential product.)
As it turns out, adults aren't the only ones who pay attention to infomercials. Jack has always had an obsession with the pancake puffer and the more recent burger grilling concoction being peddled by Billy Mays, but I've always presumed that once the commercial was over, he'd forgotten about the product. Perhaps I was wrong. In the past week, Jack has said the following two things to me. The first, completely randomly while we were not doing anything that should remind him of the product and the second was this morning when I was putting on my mascara for work:
"Mom, did you know that the Snuggie is machine washable?"
and
"Mom, do you need the Spin Lash to make your eyelashes blacker?"
Both times were completely hilarious, yet reminded us that we need to indulge in a bit less television. But, if there's any product that you've considered buying, give Jack a call. He can tell you all about it.
As an aside, if you haven't seen this article on the Snuggie, you've really missed out.
As it turns out, adults aren't the only ones who pay attention to infomercials. Jack has always had an obsession with the pancake puffer and the more recent burger grilling concoction being peddled by Billy Mays, but I've always presumed that once the commercial was over, he'd forgotten about the product. Perhaps I was wrong. In the past week, Jack has said the following two things to me. The first, completely randomly while we were not doing anything that should remind him of the product and the second was this morning when I was putting on my mascara for work:
"Mom, did you know that the Snuggie is machine washable?"
and
"Mom, do you need the Spin Lash to make your eyelashes blacker?"
Both times were completely hilarious, yet reminded us that we need to indulge in a bit less television. But, if there's any product that you've considered buying, give Jack a call. He can tell you all about it.
As an aside, if you haven't seen this article on the Snuggie, you've really missed out.
Labels: amusing, parental foibles, QOTD, quotes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home