The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Sunday, December 21

Double-checking

Last night we had Clay, Heather, and Matthew over for a late Thanksgiving dinner. As we all sat over the turkey and trimmings, Jack got antsy and asked if he could go get more candy out of the pinata that Clay and Heather got him for his birthday in November. He hadn't eaten enough dinner, so I told him no and told him that I was going to take the pinata and put it away so he couldn't get it it. Jack's response to my rant?

He put both of his hands out, pointing at Clay and Heather, and said, "Are you guys okay with this? You're the ones who brought it over."

Wha??? Yes, my 4 year old asked the givers of the pinata if they were okay with the discipline I was enacting. After they stopped laughing and some of the blood left Clay's face, they said they were indeed okay with whatever I decided to do. Jack, of course, hadn't anticipated that answer.

Needless to say, he got some candy later.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home