Got Milk Part 2: It's Official
The boy now signs milk when he wants milk! He did it early this morning (we've been up since 5:30 with teething action going on) and I brought him Cheerios. He happily ate them, but did it again. I said "Milk?" and he got a desperate/excited look on his face while I went to make a bottle. I brought it in and he was thrilled at the sight. So, it's definitely what he wanted and he is now able to tell me so.
It's really funny to watch his face while he does it. He looks amused and looks at his hand opening and closing and then looks at you to make sure you get it. He also signs "more" while eating, but that is still with us prompting him. "More" is supposed to be each hand with fingers and thumb scrunched together, and touching the fingertips of both hands together. Jack has learned that and some alternative from daycare (we hate the alternative, as it definitely isn't the right sign) and uses them interchangeably.
So, our little mute man is learning to communicate. I'm all for it!
It's really funny to watch his face while he does it. He looks amused and looks at his hand opening and closing and then looks at you to make sure you get it. He also signs "more" while eating, but that is still with us prompting him. "More" is supposed to be each hand with fingers and thumb scrunched together, and touching the fingertips of both hands together. Jack has learned that and some alternative from daycare (we hate the alternative, as it definitely isn't the right sign) and uses them interchangeably.
So, our little mute man is learning to communicate. I'm all for it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home