The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Friday, October 6

How many?

Tonight, to our amazement, The Boy started counting. By himself. For no apparent reason.

We were in the living room with Kyle's parents and he held up his fingers and started saying "One... Two..." Now, I didn't get all that excited because "One Two One" is something he's said for a while. Then he said "Three" and I was happy because he usually doesn't get to Three.

But it didn't stop there.

"Four (Foh)... Five (Fife)... Six (Siss)... Seyen... Aaaate... Nine... Ten!"

I started tearing up right there because he had never shown an interest in numbers past three or given us any hint that he could count like that. I asked him to count for me later when we were going to bed and he got up to 12 on his own but then stopped. I counted 13 and 14 for him, and he said "FIFTEEN!" when I stopped. So, while he can't count that high, he's certainly aware of numbers up to 15. We didn't push for 20 because I was happy just the way we were.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger K said…

    Yeah Jack!

    Did you say "Aaah Aaah Aaah" when he finished?

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Vienna said…

    I definitely said it to myself! LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home