The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Wednesday, October 19

Jack's First Dinner

Jack's first dinner? What? Of course that is what you are thinking. He's been eating delicious foods for months now. His first dinner was tonight, though. By that, I mean the first time we ever ordered a meal for him. We drove through Red, Hot, & Blue for dinner and we decided to order him something. It wasn't particularly exciting-- chicken tenders (2), applesauce, and a package of 2 Oreo cookies. But, it was his little meal for $3.99. It came with a drink so Kyle got iced tea for himself.

Tonight was amusing for many reasons. He barely ate any of his tenders, but he ate a decent portion of applesauce. Oh, and we ate the Oreos for him. What was really funny was his new found love of pointing. He has learned that when he points at something, we give it to him. So, tonight was a battle of wills and water glasses. He would point to my glass and I would say "No, that's for mommy." So, he would then point to his cup of water (fit with bendy straw) and we would give it to him. He would either chew on the straw or pull it out of the cup so Kyle would take it back and I would tell him to eat some chicken. He would take a bite, and the pointing would continue. Jack wanted the drink so much at one point that he was chucking chicken off his tray in every direction. Oscar loved it and definitely hung around for the show.

We made it through dinner without getting too much on ourselves. An excellent first dinner. I never thought I would be ordering my 11 month old a whole meal for himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home