The Adventures of Jack Jack

This is our boy. And this is our blog. Welcome to the adventure.

Friday, March 3

Update of the Month

I feel like it's taking me forever to post, but I've been trying to stay away from the Internet lately (I had become somewhat of an addict). So, I have lots to report!

Jack is getting a molar (or several, it's hard to say since he acts like nothing short of death could be more awful than taking a peek at his gums). I know he has one that popped through the gum already and they seem pretty swollen in other areas (plus the finger-chewing and drooling are indicative of something going on). He really handled it like a trooper without much disruption in his sleep (just waking at 4:40 for a few nights which nearly killed us) and not much in the way of moodiness. We really are lucky parents.

He's also saying a TON of words now. Now, I realize most may be us inferring a bit, so let me break them down into what I think is intelligible and what is iffy:

Stuff you would hear:
Up
No
Ball
More
Apple (he recognizes them in real life and in pictures!)
Baby (He actually said this over and over looking at an online picture of Grace- the daughter of an online friend)
Moo
Hot


Stuff you would hear if you lived with him:
Kitty (either kee-kee or tee-tee)
Water (more like waaah while using the 'water' sign we taught him)
Milk (Miiiii with signing)
Cracker (more like ta-tah, but always when trying to reach for a box)
Poop

He also learned to shake his head "yes" and "no" which has turned out to be downright hilarious. We ask him things like "do you want a kiss?" and he almost always shakes his head yes. Then we ask things like "is the moon made out of cheese?" which also gets affirmation from him. I guess it's really funny because he does know what yes is and emphatically shakes his head when he wants a bottle, but then will also shake his head yes if we ask him if he's opening the doork to the changing table because he has pooped (when he really hasn't, but just thought it would be fun for us to change him 20 minutes after we just changed him). He just looks so serious when shaking his head Yes that it cracks us up.

He got bitten at daycare (again) and this time it drew blood. I think it's wrong to want to smack any of the kids in his class (they are all 12-18 months) but darn it, STOP BITING MY KID!

Jack has decided he likes peas and corn. For a while he only cared to eat spinach and broccoli, so I'm glad that he's come around. I gave him vegetable beef soup the other night and he ate ALL of the corn and peas out of it and grudgingly ate the beef and potatoes. But... the boy still doesn't turn down a meal.

That's all for now. I'll post some updated pictures in the morning.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger K said…

    Wow! Jack has a great vocabulary.

    Great pictures. I love him lounging in the diaper box.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home