The Exorcist
We went to Perlita's last night with Clay and Heather. Jack seemed like he was interested in some solids, so I let him try a bean from my plate (have you ever cut a bean into 4 pieces?) and it was met with rave reviews. So, I asked the server to bring us some sliced avocado for him. He was eating really well, drinking some water out of a straw, and generally happy. So, I decided to get brave and give him some bigger chunks of avocado.
Then it happened.
The boy started to gag. I should have reacted faster, but I thought he would work it out. Oh, he worked it out all right. Imagine your son sitting in his portable high chair with pea green (well, avocado green) vomit coming out of his mouth. Not projectile, just rolling down his shirt with me sitting there in awe. Not once, not twice, but three times this kid pukes. Clay was horrified and just said "I didn't think he ate that much avocado." Me, neither.
We cleaned him up with napkins and a handy pampers sample wipe we had in the diaper bag. All was well, but needless to say, we decided to cancel our plans to stop by John Q's house later that evening to say hi. We went home, had a nice family bath, and put the boy to bed at 8:30, where he stayed with narry a peep until 5:30 this morning. He's sleeping on me now for his first morning nap as I type this. He shoulda stayed in bed longer!
Then it happened.
The boy started to gag. I should have reacted faster, but I thought he would work it out. Oh, he worked it out all right. Imagine your son sitting in his portable high chair with pea green (well, avocado green) vomit coming out of his mouth. Not projectile, just rolling down his shirt with me sitting there in awe. Not once, not twice, but three times this kid pukes. Clay was horrified and just said "I didn't think he ate that much avocado." Me, neither.
We cleaned him up with napkins and a handy pampers sample wipe we had in the diaper bag. All was well, but needless to say, we decided to cancel our plans to stop by John Q's house later that evening to say hi. We went home, had a nice family bath, and put the boy to bed at 8:30, where he stayed with narry a peep until 5:30 this morning. He's sleeping on me now for his first morning nap as I type this. He shoulda stayed in bed longer!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home